An 18-hole (6,250 yds) golf course, Strathaven Golf Club was first established in its current location in 1907. Willie Fernie, Troon the 1883 Open Champion, designed the original 9 holes. The Course was extended to 18 holes in 1965. Arguably one of the finest parkland courses in the West of Scotland, Strathaven has played host to a number of prestigious competitions over the years including the LGU Girls' International Matches during 2004.
Whatever the time of year, Strathaven offers a rewarding challenge to golfers of all standards. With its tree lined fairways and well protected greens, the Course demands a high degree of judgement and skill to achieve par. When par golf is not the order of the day, the tranquil surroundings and magnificent views over the nearby town and surrounding Kype Hills will still make the visit worthwhile. And at the end of the round, where better to relax than in the Club's welcoming Restaurant and Bar overlooking the 18th green.